Instaclustr has announced the general availability of Apache Cassandra 4.0 on its Managed Platform. Instaclustr offers Cassandra as its flagship NoSQL database solution, alongside complementary solutions that include Apache Kafka, the Open Distro for Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, and Redis.
Cassandra 4.0 enhances the NoSQL database’s performance. Now trusted by 40% of the Fortune 100, the scalable and versatile open source database plays a mission-critical role for companies across industries. Benefits of Apache Cassandra 4.0 managed by Instaclustr include:
- Enhanced Database Performance: With a new networking stack and zero-copy streaming, Cassandra 4.0 offers sizable performance boosts.
- Enterprise Stability and Availability: Cassandra 4.0 has undergone the most extensive testing of any release since the database’s inception, and Instaclustr has developed an extensive array of performance and functional tests to ensure the highest levels of stability.
- Enterprise Security: Instaclustr Managed Cassandra is SOC 2 and PCI-DSS compliant.
- Monitoring and Alerting: Instaclustr’s extensive monitoring framework on its managed platform means customers do not need to build their own. Cassandra 4.0 also makes additional database metrics available through the shell via virtual tables.
- Cloud Flexibility: Customers can use their choice of cloud provider, with options to run in their own provider account, or through Instaclustr.
SLAs: Instaclustr offers SLAs up to 100%.
Instaclustr Managed Cassandra 4.0 is available for organizations using AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform. Pricing for Managed Cassandra will not change with the addition of the new Cassandra release.