Speaker Resources — Cassandra Summit 2015
As a speaker, you should have received an email with registration information and the subject line “Speaker Registration – Cassandra Summit 2015”; if you did not receive this email, or have questions about the registration process, please email us at SummitSpeakers@DataStax.com and we will be happy to provide further information.
Promoting Your Attendance
Let others know about your attendance at Cassandra Summit 2015. Here are some suggestions:
- Write a blog post and include a sneak peek of your upcoming talk at the summit, or what sessions you are most looking forward to watching. Email info@PlanetCassandra.org and we’ll syndicate your posting with our blog.
- Shout out your upcoming session on social media, using #CassandraSummit and @PlanetCassandra or @DataStax
- List Cassandra Summit 2015 on your upcoming events calendar or company intranet; refer to the URL http://www.cassandrasummit-datastax.com
- Mass Email? If you have a large list of clients or contacts that you would like to promote your session to, we’re happy to do so.
Speaking Materials (Templates)
It’s recommended that speakers use the slide templates (Keynote & PowerPoint) below for their presentations. It is okay your company requires you to use your own template (16:9); however, we request that you use the #CassandraSummit hashtag within the presentation at some point throughout.
• Keynote Presentation Template (16:9) — Download
• PowerPoint Presentation Template (16:9) — Download
• Fonts — Download
Speakers are required to bring the following materials with them to present:
• Laptop-Specific Display Dongles
• A backup USB drive with their presentation
Slide Review Due Date
Your presentations are due by Sunday September 13th, 2015. Please upload your PDF, PowerPoint, or Keynote file to Google Drive, and share the file with PlanetCassandra@gmail.com for review; if you’re using a different presentation program, such as Prezi or ASCIIDOC, please upload and share a PDF of your presentation, in the format of 1 slide per page.
Schedule & Speakers
The schedule and speakers list for Cassandra Summit 2015 is live and will continuously be updated based on changes received by presenters. If you find any errors with your presentation title, abstract, speaker information, etc. please email SummitSpeakers@DataStax.com with your specific change request. All changes for your presentation at Cassandra Summit 2015 must be submitted by Friday September 18th, 2015 at 9am PST.
Day of Event
Tech-Check Meeting Time/Location and Speakers Lounge
All speakers will be meeting on Wednesday September 23rd at 8:30 AM PST in the Bayshore East & West room, on the 2nd floor of the Santa Clara Convention Center.
At this time, we will be doing tech-checks and introducing you to the private “Speakers Lounge”, a private get-away for all speakers to utilize throughout the conference event.
Santa Clara Convention Center — 5001 Great America Parkway Santa Clara, CA 95054
Please click here for directions and recommended airport information.