- Cassandra Day NY 2014: Using Spark Streaming for High Velocity Analytics on Cassandra 18 views 2 days ago 0.) With each device comes an implicit contract with the end user: you give us the data, we give you the results. Now. Not tomorrow. Not even fifteen minutes from now. 1.) The flip side of getting data in real time is that users expect results in real time. 2.) In return for being wired into the internet 24x7 customers demand a similar level of responsiveness and even better availability. __ Spark
- Cassandra Day NY 2014: Message Architectures in Distributed Systems at SimpleReach 12 views 2 days ago Eric will be presenting on SimpleReach’s use of message architectures and why they an important part of a distributed system stack. They are often overlooked because the prevailing sentiment is that the storage and processing engines are the most important aspects of the system. Without the highways, the data won’t be able to get to its destination.
- Cassandra Day NY 2014: Apache Cassandra & Python for the The New York Times ⨍aбrik Platform 197 views 2 days ago In this session, you’ll learn about how Apache Cassandra is used with Python in the NY Times ⨍aбrik messaging platform. Michael will start his talk off by diving into an overview of the NYT⨍aбrik global message bus platform and its “memory” features and then discuss their use of the open source Apache Cassandra Python driver by DataStax. Progressive benchmark to test features/performan
- Cassandra Day NY 2014: Getting Started with the DataStax C# Driver 15 views 2 days ago So you’ve grabbed the latest 2.0 beta of DataStax C# driver from NuGet. Now what? In this talk, Luke will walk you through some of the basics of the C# driver--how to bootstrap the driver and connect to a cluster, execute statements, and retrieve result sets. Wondering what the difference between a PreparedStatement and a SimpleStatement is? Not sure what the appropriate lifetime for a Cluster o
- Cassandra Day 2014: Re-envisioning the Lambda Architecture - Web-Services & Real-time Analytics w/ Storm and Cassandra 18 views 2 days ago Do you want to expose a kick-ass REST API? Do you want interactions with that API to drive slick dashboards that answer hard questions? Do you want all of that in near real-time, distributed across a number of machines, and tolerant of system faults? Take one part Cassandra, stir in a bit of Paxos, and blend with Storm. Coat the rim of the glass with DropWizard. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show
- Cassandra Day NY 2014: Utilizing Apache Cassandra at UltraVisual 27 views 2 days ago Cassandra has been an integral part of Ultravisual’s infrastructure since its launch, allowing us to rapidly prototype and build new features that further enhance user experience. Over the course of this discussion we will cover three key topics. How Cassandra came to be used at Ultravisual and the key problem it solved. How the usage of Cassandra as part of our stack has evolved alongside the p