- Escape from Hadoop 213 views 5 hours ago Apache Cassandra and Spark when combined can give powerful OLTP and OLAP functionality for your data. We’ll walk through the basics of both of these platforms before diving into applications combining the two. Usually joins, changing a partition key, or importing data can be difficult in Cassandra, but we’ll see how do these and other operations in a set of simple Spark Shell one-liners!
- Cassandra Community Webinar: Apache Spark Analytics at The Weather Channel - Going Beyond Hadoop 1253 views 5 days ago The state of analytics has changed dramatically over the last few years. Hadoop is now commonplace, and the ecosystem has evolved to include new tools such as Spark, Shark, and Drill, that live alongside the old MapReduce-based standards. It can be difficult to keep up with the pace of change, and newcomers are left with a dizzying variety of seemingly similar choices. This is compounded by the nu
- Cassandra Day NY 2014: Using Spark Streaming for High Velocity Analytics on Cassandra 116 views 4 weeks ago 0.) With each device comes an implicit contract with the end user: you give us the data, we give you the results. Now. Not tomorrow. Not even fifteen minutes from now. 1.) The flip side of getting data in real time is that users expect results in real time. 2.) In return for being wired into the internet 24x7 customers demand a similar level of responsiveness and even better availability. __ Spark
- Cassandra Day NY 2014: Message Architectures in Distributed Systems at SimpleReach 337 views 4 weeks ago Eric will be presenting on SimpleReach’s use of message architectures and why they an important part of a distributed system stack. They are often overlooked because the prevailing sentiment is that the storage and processing engines are the most important aspects of the system. Without the highways, the data won’t be able to get to its destination.
- Cassandra Day NY 2014: Apache Cassandra & Python for the The New York Times ⨍aбrik Platform 1446 views 4 weeks ago In this session, you’ll learn about how Apache Cassandra is used with Python in the NY Times ⨍aбrik messaging platform. Michael will start his talk off by diving into an overview of the NYT⨍aбrik global message bus platform and its “memory” features and then discuss their use of the open source Apache Cassandra Python driver by DataStax. Progressive benchmark to test features/performan
- Cassandra Day NY 2014: Getting Started with the DataStax C# Driver 660 views 4 weeks ago So you’ve grabbed the latest 2.0 beta of DataStax C# driver from NuGet. Now what? In this talk, Luke will walk you through some of the basics of the C# driver--how to bootstrap the driver and connect to a cluster, execute statements, and retrieve result sets. Wondering what the difference between a PreparedStatement and a SimpleStatement is? Not sure what the appropriate lifetime for a Cluster o
- Cassandra Day 2014: Re-envisioning the Lambda Architecture - Web-Services & Real-time Analytics w/ Storm and Cassandra 121 views 4 weeks ago Do you want to expose a kick-ass REST API? Do you want interactions with that API to drive slick dashboards that answer hard questions? Do you want all of that in near real-time, distributed across a number of machines, and tolerant of system faults? Take one part Cassandra, stir in a bit of Paxos, and blend with Storm. Coat the rim of the glass with DropWizard. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show
Comments are closed.