Cassandra 2.1 is out, full of new things to make you smile!
Other improvements include:
- Incremental repair that allows only repairing data that is new since your last repair
- Off-heap memtables, reducing memory pressure on the Java heap
- A new implementation of counters that is more performant and more reliable
- CQL improvements like collection indexes and user-defined types
- Support for limiting the number of rows per partition in the row cache
After seven release candidates, we’re confident that this is the most stable new Cassandra yet. Let us know what you think!