Welcome to the another week of This Week in Cassandra! Cassandra is a distributed database offering linear scalability and high availability. In this post we’ll take a look at projects, blogs, events, jobs and JIRAs that are new to the Cassandra community. We’ll be discussing this post with Al Tobey, Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Netflix and former evangelist for Apache Cassandra.
News and Blog Posts
- Securing client-node communication in Cassandra Part 1
- Materialized Views with Cassandra by Gary Dusbabek of Silicon Valley Data Science
- Monitoring Cassandra at Scale by Joseph Lynch of Yelp
- Using Spark to Sample Data from One Cassandra Cluster and Write to Another by Ben Slater of Instaclustr
- Cassandra Partitioning & Clustering Keys Explained by Adam Hutson
- Nominations for 2016-2017 DataStax Cassandra MVP are open!
- We want to hear from you. What kind of Cassandra content do you want to see? Let us know here!
- Cassandra Summit 2016 registration is open!
- June 8th-10th, 2016 (London, UK): Testing Apache Cassandra with Jepsen: How to Understand and Produce Sage Distributed Systems
- June 5th, 2016 (Berlin, Germany): Berlin Buzzwords
- June 6th, 2016 (Minneapolis. MN): Cassandra MSP Meetup
- June 7th, 2016 (New York, NY): Building smart bots with data analytics, machine learning, Spark and Cassandra
- June 9th 2016 (Tallin, Estonia): Geekout
Interesting Job Opportunities:
- Various Cassandra Opportunities – Netflix – Los Gatos, CA
- Software Engineering Manager – Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation- San Francisco, CA
- Senior Cassandra DBA – Choice Hotels – Phoenix, AZ
- Senior Software Engineer- PlayStation Video, San Francisco, CA
- Apache Cassandra Administrator – Oracle – Vienna, VA
- Software Engineering Intern: Cassandra – DataStax- Santa Clara, CA or Austin, TX
- Cassandra Consultant – The Last Pickle – Anywhere
- Senior Software Engineer, DevOps – The Weather Company
- Apache Cassandra Technical Evangelist – DataStax – Germany
- NoSQL/Cassandra Specialist – Sapient Global Markets – Gurgaon, India
- NoSQL Database Specialist – Sapient Global Markets – London, UK
- Cassandra Database Engineer – Survey Monkey, Palo Alto, CA
Call For Papers:
CFP Deadline: June 1st
We are always looking for the next big Cassandra expert to speak at a Meetup! Please fill in this form and tell us what you have in mind!