Welcome to the another week of This Week in Cassandra! Cassandra is a distributed database offering linear scalability and high availability. In this post we’ll take a look at projects, blogs, events, jobs and JIRAs that are new to the Cassandra community. We’ll be discussing this post with Joel Knighton, Developer at DataStax. For those of you interested, you can download the audio from SoundCloud here.
News and Blog Posts
- Cassandra Native Secondary Inceses by DuyHai Doan of DataStax
- First Steps to Spring Boot Cassandra by Biju Kunjummen
- Debugging Catalyst and Predicate Pushdown with Spark Cassandra Connector by Russell Spitzer of DataStax
- Cassandra Data Modeling Basics by Adam Hutson of DataScale Inc.
- How we optimized Cassandra’s cqlish COPY FROM by Stefania Alborghetti of DataStax
- Six parameters to tune cqlish COPY FROM performance by Stefania Alborghetti of DataStax
- SMACK stack on DC/OC – how it’s all woven together by Anirvan Chakraborty of Cake Solutions
- We want to hear from you. What kind of Cassandra content do you want to see? Let us know here!
- Cassandra Summit 2016 registration is open!
- April 25th, 2016 (Minsk, BY): Apache Cassandra 3 Cool New Features
- April 27th, 2016 (Chicago, IL): Cassandra 3.4 & Beyond and Diagnosing Cassandra Problems in Productions
- April 27th, 2016 (Portland, OR): Data Modeling for Apache Cassandra
- April 27th, 2016 (San Francisco, CA): Cassandra at Coursera and Java Drivers
- April 28th, 2016 (Berlin, DE): Cassandra and TitanDB at Dubmsmash & Time Series in Apache Cassandra
- June 8th-10th, 2916 (London, UK): Testing Apache Cassandra with Jepsen: How to Understand and Produce Sage Distributed Systems
Interesting Job Opportunities:
- Cassandra Consultant – The Last Pickle – Anywhere
- Senior Software Engineer, DevOps – The Weather Company
- Staff Cassandra Engineer- Walmart- Sunnyvale, CA
- Apache Cassandra Technical Evangelist – DataStax – Germany
- NoSQL/Cassandra Specialist – Sapient Global Markets – Gurgaon, India
- NoSQL Database Specialist – Sapient Global Markets – London, UK
- Cassandra Database Engineer – Survey Monkey, Palo Alto, CA
Call For Papers:
CFP Deadline: June 1st
We are always looking for the next big Cassandra expert to speak at a Meetup! Please fill in this form and tell us what you have in mind!
CFP Deadline: Open
Connect with the Cassandra Community:
- An Introduction to Grip: We’ve found another way for you to meet Cassandra enthusiasts in your area or even in the same room as you! Download Grip on Android or from The Apple Store