Welcome to the another week of This Week in Cassandra! Cassandra is a distributed database offering linear scalability and high availability. In this post we’ll take a look at projects, blogs, events, jobs and JIRAs that are new to the Cassandra community. We’ll be discussing this post with our guest Ben Bromhead of instaclustr.
News and Blog Posts
- Cassandra 3.4 feature freeze
- 2nd index on static columns
- Custom Tracing
- User-defined compaction
- Encrypted hints
- PayScale published a Cassandra Salary Survey and things look AWESOME!
- Cassandra deadlocking in Docker bug fix
- SSL Vulnerability. Watch out! https://drownattack.com/
- We want to hear from you. What kind of Cassandra content do you want to see? Let us know here!
- March 7th 2016 (Paris, FR): SMACK & Achilles
- March 7th, 2016 (Minneapolis, MN): Cassandra with Azure
- March 7th 2016 (London, UK): Cassandra at Apple Scale at QCon London
- March 8th, 2016 (GötenBorg, Sweden):jDays: new Cassandra 3 features
- March 8th, 2016 (Sao Paulo, BR): Sao Paulo March Meetup
- March 8th 2016 (London, UK): SMACK & Cassandra Data Modelling
- March 11th 2016 (Bucharest, RO) – Apache Zeppelin, the missing GUI for your Big Data back-end at Voxxed Dev Days
Interesting Job Opportunities:
- Principle Cassandra Engineer – Virtustream – Remote
- Apache Cassandra Technical Evangelist – DataStax – UK
- Backend Engineer – SimpleReach – New York, NY, USA
Call for Papers
We are always looking for the next big Cassandra expert to speak at a Meetup! Please fill in this form and tell us what you have in mind!
CFP Deadline: Open
CFP Deadline: 21st February
PyData London 2016
CFP Deadline: 29th February
Connect with the Cassandra Community
We’ve found another way for you to meet Cassandra enthusiasts in your area or even in the same room as you! Download Grip on Android or from The Apple Store