Welcome to the another week of This Week in Cassandra! Cassandra is a distributed database offering linear scalability and high availability. In this post we’ll take a look at projects, blogs, events, jobs and JIRAs that are new to the Cassandra community. We’ll be discussing this post with Gianluca Borello, Senior Software Engineer at Sysdig. For those of you interested, you can download the audio from SoundCloud here.
News and Blog Posts
- Cassandra 3.4 Release Overview by Jon Haddad of DataStax
- How to set up your Cassandra cluster test cluster using Docker by Yuri Subach of Human API
- Cassandra connector for Spark: 5 tips for success by Ben Slater of Instaclustr
- JIRA: Provide an alternative to DTCS
- JIRA: Add support for Group By to Select statement
- Cassandra Summit 2016 call for papers are now open!
- We want to hear from you. What kind of Cassandra content do you want to see? Let us know here!
- March 31st 2016 (Berlin, Germany): Intro to Cassandra/SASI- Building Big Data Applications
- April 4th, 2016 (Minneapolis, MN): Migrating a Cassandra Cluster
- April 4th, 2016 (Cupertino, CA): SASI: Real-Time Search and Analytics with Cassandra
- April 5th, 2016 (Denver, CO): Building Java Applications on Cassandra
- April 6th 2016 (Belgrade, Serbia):Coming to Cassandra from the relational world
Interesting Job Opportunities:
- Staff Cassandra Engineer- Walmart- Sunnyvale, CA
- Apache Cassandra Technical Evangelist – DataStax – UK
- Backend Engineer – SimpleReach – New York, NY, USA
Call For Papers:
CFP Deadline: June 1st
We are always looking for the next big Cassandra expert to speak at a Meetup! Please fill in this form and tell us what you have in mind!
CFP Deadline: Open
CFP Deadline: 10th April
Connect with the Cassandra Community:
Connect with the Cassandra Community
- An Introduction to Grip: We’ve found another way for you to meet Cassandra enthusiasts in your area or even in the same room as you! Download Grip on Android or from The Apple Store