Welcome to the another week of This Week in Cassandra! Cassandra is a distributed database offering linear scalability and high availability. In this post we’ll take a look at projects, blogs, events, jobs and JIRAs that are new to the Cassandra community. We’ll be discussing this post with Adam Hutson, Data Architect at DataScale, INC .
News and Blog Posts
- Properly Testing your Cassandra cluster before you’re in production by Ryan Svihla of DataStax
- TTLRemover: Tool for Removing Cassandra TTLs for Recovery and Testing Purposes by Danyang Li of Instaclustr
- Cassandra Logical Data Modeling by Adam Hutson of DataScale, Inc.
- Encrypting EC2 ephemeral volumes with LUKS and AWS KMS by Ben Whaley
- Taming Cassandra in Node.js with Datastar by Jarrett Cruger of GoDaddy
- Nominations for 2016-2017 DataStax Cassandra MVP are open!
- Writing great abstracts for Cassandra Summit 2016
- We want to hear from you. What kind of Cassandra content do you want to see? Let us know here!
- Cassandra Summit 2016 registration is open!
- June 8th-10th, 2016 (London, UK): Testing Apache Cassandra with Jepsen: How to Understand and Produce Sage Distributed Systems
- March 31st, 2016 (Lyon, France): Cassandra Meetup – Cassandra Data Model and Chebotko Methodology
- March 31st, 2016 (London, UK): Cassandra Meetup – Scaling at the Shard
- June 1st, 2016 (London, UK): Strata+Hadoop World – An introduction to Time series with Team Apache
Interesting Job Opportunities:
- Software Engineering Manager – Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation- San Francisco, CA
- Senior Cassandra DBA – Choice Hotels – Phoenix, AZ
- Senior Software Engineer- PlayStation Video, San Francisco, CA
- Apache Cassandra Administrator – Oracle – Vienna, VA
- Software Engineering Intern: Cassandra – DataStax- Santa Clara, CA or Austin, TX
- Senior DevOps Engineer: Cloud Database Engineering – Netflix – Los Gatos, CA
- Cassandra Consultant – The Last Pickle – Anywhere
- Senior Software Engineer, DevOps – The Weather Company
- Apache Cassandra Technical Evangelist – DataStax – Germany
- NoSQL/Cassandra Specialist – Sapient Global Markets – Gurgaon, India
- NoSQL Database Specialist – Sapient Global Markets – London, UK
- Cassandra Database Engineer – Survey Monkey, Palo Alto, CA
Call For Papers:
CFP Deadline: June 1st
We are always looking for the next big Cassandra expert to speak at a Meetup! Please fill in this form and tell us what you have in mind!