Welcome to the another week of This Week in Cassandra! Cassandra is a distributed database offering linear scalability and high availability. In this post we’ll take a look at projects, blogs, events, jobs and JIRAs that are new to the Cassandra community. We’ll be discussing this post with Jeff Jirsa, Principal Engineer at CrowdStrike. For those of you interested, you can download the audio from SoundCloud here.
News and Blog Posts
- SASI Empowering Secondary Indexes by Hanneli Tavante of Codeminer 42 (English Version, Portuguese Version)
- Spark job that writes to Cassandra just hangs when one node goes down? By Ryan Svihla of DataStax
- Docussandra: A REST- based, Document-Oriented Database with Cassandra as a Backend by Pearson Education
- Cassandra Dataset Manager Preview 1 by Jon Haddad of DataStax
- Running Cassandra on Rancher by Usman Ismail of Rancher
- JIRA 7017 – Per partition LIMIT clause
- Data Modeling in Cassandra from a Postgres Perspective
- We want to hear from you. What kind of Cassandra content do you want to see? Let us know here!
- Cassandra Summit 2016 registration is open!
- April 12th, 2016 (Boulder, CO): Building Java Applications on Cassandra
- April 18th, 2016 (London, UK): Functional Reactive Programming and Cassandra Internals
- April 19th & 20th (London, UK): DataStax Summit Europe 2016
Interesting Job Opportunities:
- Staff Cassandra Engineer- Walmart- Sunnyvale, CA
- Apache Cassandra Technical Evangelist – DataStax – Germany
- Backend Engineer – SimpleReach – New York, NY, USA
Call For Papers:
CFP Deadline: June 1st
We are always looking for the next big Cassandra expert to speak at a Meetup! Please fill in this form and tell us what you have in mind!
CFP Deadline: Open
CFP Deadline: 10th April
CFP Deadline: 18th April
Connect with the Cassandra Community:
- An Introduction to Grip: We’ve found another way for you to meet Cassandra enthusiasts in your area or even in the same room as you! Download Grip on Android or from The Apple Store