Welcome to the another week of This Week in Cassandra! Cassandra is a distributed database offering linear scalability and high availability. In this post we’ll take a look at projects, blogs, events, jobs and JIRAs that are new to the Cassandra community.
News and Blog Posts
- Newly Relaunched Cassandra Site!
- Cassandra User Defined Functions and Aggregates by Robert Marshall of Instaclustr
- Test utility method reset Cassandra schema with RxJava by John Sanda
- Cassandra as a Historical Finance DB by Ryan Kennedy
- About Deletes and Tombstones in Cassandra by Alain Rodriguez of The Last Pickle
- Jaco Labs: Analyzing Funnels Using Solr + Cassandra by Danni Friedland
- Help improve the Cassandra Rust Driver – please retweet or help fix the bug!
Interesting Job Opportunities:
- Various Cassandra and Big Data Processing Opportunities – ProtectWise, Inc. Denver, CO
- Various Cassandra Opportunities – Netflix – Los Gatos, CA
- Software Engineering Manager – Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation- San Francisco, CA
- Senior Cassandra DBA – Choice Hotels – Phoenix, AZ
- Senior Software Engineer- PlayStation Video, San Francisco, CA
- Apache Cassandra Administrator – Oracle – Vienna, VA
- Apache Cassandra Technical Evangelist – DataStax – Germany
Call For Papers:
We are always looking for the next big Cassandra expert to speak at a Meetup! Please fill in this form and tell us what you have in mind!
Connect with the Cassandra Community:
- An Introduction to Grip: We’ve found another way for you to meet Cassandra enthusiasts in your area or even in the same room as you! Download Grip on Android or from The Apple Store