Welcome to the another week of This Week in Cassandra! Cassandra is a distributed database offering linear scalability and high availability. In this post we’ll take a look at projects, blogs, events, jobs and JIRAs that are new to the Cassandra community.
News and Blog Posts
- How We Scaled Our Ad Analytics with Cassandra by Qui N. & Shafi B. of Yelp
- Cloning Cassandra Clusters the Right Way by Adam Hutson of DataScale
- Cassandra Monitoring – Part II – Graphite/InfluxDB & Grafana on Docker by Michal Matloka of Software Mill
- Help improve the Cassandra Rust Driver – please retweet or help fix the bug!
- August 16th, 2016 (Santa Clara, CA) Docker + Cassandra
- August 18th, 2016 (Austin, TX) Cassandra Summer School: Operations 101
Interesting Job Opportunities:
- Various Cassandra and Big Data Processing Opportunities – ProtectWise, Inc. Denver, CO
- Various Cassandra Opportunities – Netflix – Los Gatos, CA
- Software Engineering Manager – Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation- San Francisco, CA
- Senior Cassandra DBA – Choice Hotels – Phoenix, AZ
- Senior Software Engineer- PlayStation Video, San Francisco, CA
- Apache Cassandra Administrator – Oracle – Vienna, VA
- Apache Cassandra Technical Evangelist – DataStax – Germany
Call For Papers:
We are always looking for the next big Cassandra expert to speak at a Meetup! Please fill in this form and tell us what you have in mind!