Welcome to the another week of This Week in Cassandra! Cassandra is a distributed database offering linear scalability and high availability. In this post we’ll take a look at projects, blogs, events, jobs and JIRAs that are new to the Cassandra community.
News and Blog Posts
- Fun with DataSource Pruning with Spark and Cassandra by Russell Spitzer
- The Uber Engineering Tech Stack, Part II: The Edge and Beyond by Lucie Lozinski
- Fixing Coordinated Omissions in Cassandra Stress by Nitsan Walkart
- Stream Framework is a Python library, which allows you to build newsfeed and notification systems using Cassandra and/or Redis
- Help improve the Cassandra Rust Driver – please retweet or help fix the bug!
- Cassandra Summit 2016 registration is open!
- July 27th, 2016: (Portland, OR): Walking the Fine line: Using Apache Spark and Cassandra
Interesting Job Opportunities:
- Various Cassandra and Big Data Processing Opportunities – ProtectWise, Inc. Denver, CO
- Various Cassandra Opportunities – Netflix – Los Gatos, CA
- Software Engineering Manager – Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation- San Francisco, CA
- Senior Cassandra DBA – Choice Hotels – Phoenix, AZ
- Senior Software Engineer- PlayStation Video, San Francisco, CA
- Apache Cassandra Administrator – Oracle – Vienna, VA
- Apache Cassandra Technical Evangelist – DataStax – Germany
Call For Papers:
We are always looking for the next big Cassandra expert to speak at a Meetup! Please fill in this form and tell us what you have in mind!
Connect with the Cassandra Community:
- An Introduction to Grip: We’ve found another way for you to meet Cassandra enthusiasts in your area or even in the same room as you! Download Grip on Android or from The Apple Store