Welcome to the another week of This Week in Cassandra! Cassandra is a distributed database offering linear scalability and high availability. In this post we’ll take a look at projects, blogs, events, jobs and JIRAs that are new to the Cassandra community.
News and Blog Posts
- Thousand of Instances of Cassandra using Kubernetes by Chris Love of Datapipe
- Instagram Engineering’s 3 rules to scalable cloud application architecture
- Zipkin 1.3 – Improvements to Cassandra Storage
- How Cassandra’s inner workings relate to performance by Manuel Kiessling of Galeria Kaufhof Gmbh
- Cassandra metrics and their use in Grafana by Michal Lowicki of Opera Software
- Cassandra Setup for Java Developers by Bruno Tinoco of GFT Group
- Help improve the Cassandra Rust Driver – please retweet or help fix the bug!
Interesting Job Opportunities:
- Various Cassandra and Big Data Processing Opportunities – ProtectWise, Inc. Denver, CO
- Various Cassandra Opportunities – Netflix – Los Gatos, CA
- Software Engineering Manager – Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation- San Francisco, CA
- Senior Cassandra DBA – Choice Hotels – Phoenix, AZ
- Senior Software Engineer- PlayStation Video, San Francisco, CA
- Apache Cassandra Administrator – Oracle – Vienna, VA
- Apache Cassandra Technical Evangelist – DataStax – Germany
Call For Papers:
We are always looking for the next big Cassandra expert to speak at a Meetup! Please fill in this form and tell us what you have in mind!