Welcome to the another week of This Week in Cassandra! Cassandra is a distributed database offering linear scalability and high availability. In this post we’ll take a look at projects, blogs, events, jobs and JIRAs that are new to the Cassandra community. We’ll be discussing this post with Julien Anguenot, VP of Software Engineering at iland cloud.
News and Blog Posts
- Cassandra Conceptual Data Modeling by Adam Hutson of DataScale
- Materialized View Performance in 3.x by Jonathan Ellis of DataStax
- Nominations for 2016-2017 DataStax Cassandra MVP are open!
- An introduction to data processing with Cassandra and Spark by Dani Traphagen and Jon Haddad
- Running Cassandra on DC/OS by The Last Pickle
- Spark and Cassandra podcast w/ Tim Berglund
- Working Relationally With Cassandra by Jon Haddad
- We want to hear from you. What kind of Cassandra content do you want to see? Let us know here!
- Cassandra Summit 2016 registration is open!
- 5/17/2016 (Austin, TX): OSCON – 3 hour Spark + Cassandra training with Dani Traphagen and Jon Haddad
- 5/18/2016 (Dallas, TX): 5 Ways to Use Spark to Enrich Your Cassandra Environment
- 5/18/2016 (Anaheim, CA): Cassandra Internals
- 5/19/2016 (Austin, TX): Laying the SMACK on your data pipelines
- June 8th-10th, 2016 (London, UK): Testing Apache Cassandra with Jepsen: How to Understand and Produce Sage Distributed Systems
Interesting Job Opportunities:
- Apache Cassandra Administrator – Oracle – Vienna, VA
- Software Engineering Intern: Cassandra – DataStax- Santa Clara, CA or Austin, TX
- Senior DevOps Engineer: Cloud Database Engineering – Netflix – Los Gatos, CA
- Cassandra Consultant – The Last Pickle – Anywhere
- Senior Software Engineer, DevOps – The Weather Company
- Staff Cassandra Engineer- Walmart- Sunnyvale, CA
- Apache Cassandra Technical Evangelist – DataStax – Germany
- NoSQL/Cassandra Specialist – Sapient Global Markets – Gurgaon, India
- NoSQL Database Specialist – Sapient Global Markets – London, UK
- Cassandra Database Engineer – Survey Monkey, Palo Alto, CA
Call For Papers:
CFP Deadline: June 1st
We are always looking for the next big Cassandra expert to speak at a Meetup! Please fill in this form and tell us what you have in mind!
CFP Deadline: Open
Connect with the Cassandra Community:
- An Introduction to Grip: We’ve found another way for you to meet Cassandra enthusiasts in your area or even in the same room as you! Download Grip on Android or from The Apple Store