Europe’s largest Apache Cassandra conference Cassandra Summit EU 2014 is approaching fast. This two-day event will be held on the 3rd and 4th of December at the Park Plaza Riverbank London in London, UK.
Update: Join your local Cassandra meetup and use code cmtpspcl-0304dcmbr14 to receive 20% off of your tickets. (You will be asked to verify your Cassandra Meetup Group during registration and select your choice of training track).
On Wednesday the 3rd of December, Cassandra summit attendees can expect to receive world-class training on Apache Cassandra via advanced and beginner tracks. The beginner track offers two separate sessions: Introduction to Cassandra and Introduction to Spark, Shark, Scala, and Cassandra. The advanced track offers two sessions, as well: Data Modeling and Performance Tuning. Included with the training pass is the evening welcome reception, where you can enjoy beverages and hors d’oeuvres while networking with other conference attendees.
On Thursday the 4th of December, Summit EU 2014 attendees will attend the conference portion of the event, to learn from some of the most experienced Cassandra users around the world. If you are one of them, we’d love for you to submit a call-for-papers. We’ll be accepting a wide range of presentation topics; here are some examples for reference:
- Functional Use Cases (Messaging, Product Catalogs/Playlists, Fraud Detection, Recommendation/Personalization, & Internet of Things/Sensor Data)
- Personal experiences with Apache Cassandra (For example: Cassandra on Raspberry Pi)
- Using Cassandra with various programming languages and client drivers
- Cassandra with Spark, Shark, Scala, Hadoop, Solr, Titan GraphDB, and other open source technologies
- Cassandra on SSD’s
- Cassandra in your own data center versus the cloud
- Migration experience from other SQL or NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Redis, HBase, MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience with CQL3 (Cassandra Query Language)
- Switching from Thrift to CQL3
- Scaling with Cassandra
- Unique Cassandra Projects
If you’re up for presenting at Cassandra Summit EU 2014, please fill out our call-for-papers form. The call-for-papers ends at midnight on the 15th of October, 2014.
Thanks for taking the time to read about Cassandra Summit EU 2014 and we look forward to all of your exciting presentation abstracts!