We’re glad to release today the first beta of our C# Driver 2.0 that supports Apache Cassandra 2.0 and DataStax Enterprise 4.0, while remaining fully compatible with Cassandra 1.2 and DSE versions relying on it. This driver is intended to be aligned with the feature set that comes in our Java Driver 2.0. It
In practice this means that C# developers can now enjoy:
- Support for lightweight transactions
- Ability to batch Prepared Statements
- Using parameters in regular statements
We have several other improvements and changes to come in the next coming weeks as we’ll iterate through several beta versions:
- Task based API
- Using some Interfaces instead of Classes in the API to make it easier to mock every parts of the driver
- Automatic paging is a feature that has been introduced in Cassandra 2.0. It’s not part of this first beta but will be included in the next one.
This new C# Driver 2.0.0-beta1 is now available on NuGet. Feel free to give it a try!